Dashcam Viewer v2.2.2 was released today with the following new features and bug fixes. Dashcam Viewer is available for Mac OS X and Windows (64-bit and 32-bit). Download the free version from our website.
- Added support for Garmin DC20 (Windows version only). Special thanks to Andrew Z.
- Added new Stack Windows option (under the Windows menu) to bring all the windows back into view.
- Latitude and longitude are now expressed to 6 digits past the decimal point.
- Improved User’s Manual
- [Windows] Data Window: Fixed the clipping of the Calendar widget and fixed alignment of the three Data Window sections (speedometer, compass, data). Thanks, Martin U.!
- Fixed bug in which “V” records of an NMEA GPS data set were ignored. Even though these V points don’t have lat/lon they have timing and are therefore needed to complete the data set.
- Some dashcam run out of GPS data before the end of the movie. Now DV will hold the last valid point instead of invalidating the map.
- Fixed memory bugs that may have led to random crashes.
- Improved Russian translation. Thanks, Andrew Z.!
Thanks for your latest update and continued work on the app John. Does the addition of the Garmin DC20 mean that you have finally cracked their coding?
I had previously asked if Garmin Nuvicam was compatible with Dashcam Viewer and your reply was that you were unable to find your way through the coding. Are we able to use the Nuvicam now please?
Yes, with a little help from a fellow dashcam-er, I’ve cracked the Garmin DC20 coding. I don’t know if the Nuvicam and the DC20 use the same encoding scheme, though (I don’t have any Nuvicam sample files). If you’re able to test Nuvicam files with v2.2.2 please let me know the results. Thanks!
I’ll certainly do that and get back to you.