Dashcam Viewer v2.5.8 was released today with the following enhancements and bug fixes:
- Enhanced the “Merge Videos” feature of Dashcam Viewer. After merging videos a single GPX file is created (along with the merged video). This file contains the waypoints for all the movies that were merged. You can load the merged movie file into Dashcam Viewer and DV will detect and load the GPX file to show the combined route.
- Added support for the latest GPS data encoding used by the iON Adventure Cam. This is the third scheme encountered for this action cam based on user test movies submitted in the past two years. Special thanks to Brian K. for his assistance with this action cam.
- Improved parser for NMEA files to be more flexible with date formats.
- Fixed bug in dashcam model auto-detect code. The bug could prevent detection of dashcam model and thus prevent loading of data in some cases.
- [Windows version] Fixed oversight in which Ctrl-4 was used for two shortcuts.
Dashcam Viewer is available for Mac OS X and Windows (64-bit and 32-bit). Download the free version from our website.