Dashcam Viewer v3.5.2 was released today for both Mac and Windows with the following improvements and bug fixes:
- Implemented workaround to fix single-point GPS ‘spikes’ seen in data stream of some dashcam models. These are points that are out-of-scope from their neighbors. If a point is more than 5 km apart from its neighbors, then the point is discarded and replaced with an interpolated point.
Version 3.5.2 reduces and/or eliminates random data spikes seen in some dashcam models’ GPS data. Instances where two or more consecutive points are out-of-scope are not massaged. In these cases the user should report the problem to the dashcam manufacturer.
- Improved error reporting of GPS data anomalies in Control Center window. Added more detail in error messages. If a wrench icon is displayed next to the video name, hover the mouse over the icon to reveal the errors and error codes encountered. Previously, only a single error message was displayed.
- Added support for parking mode videos from Viofo A129 Pro Duo with firmware “A129Pro: V2.0 Build: 20200710”.
- [Windows] Dashcam Viewer is now distributed with the LGPL versions of ffmpeg and ffprobe. Previously the GPL version slipped into the build. Users should replace the LGPL versions with the GPL versions for best performance and features. Instructions for doing this are in the Users Manual.
- Fixed crash if user has no videos loaded and clicks the “Enable All” button in the Trips list.
- When exporting a PiP clip, the ffmpeg LGPL warning message is now brought to front instead of hidden behind the Export Options window.
Dashcam Viewer is PC/Mac software that allows you to playback your dashcam’s videos while simultaneously viewing your vehicle’s location on a map. There are many other features in the software which are detailed on our website (http://dashcamviewer.com). The free version is fully-functional and allows the loading of up to 2 videos at a time.