Dashcam Viewer v2.6.7 is now available from our website. Please see below for a list of new capabilities and fixes. Download the free version from our website.
- You can now change color and size of vehicle map marker, or use the default marker icon.
Change the vehicle marker type, color, and size in the Preferences window.
- DJI drone SRT files: speed values are now smoothed. While it’s great that DJI conveniently logs the drone’s flight data into an SRT file, the speed of the drone is not written to the file and the latitude and longitude values are not stored in high precision. Dashcam Viewer uses the time-stamped lat/lon values to estimate the speed. The lack of precision means the speed varies somewhat wildly. This modification smooths out some of the unwanted variations.
Synchronized playback of DJI Mavic Pro video and trajectory data in Dashcam Viewer.
- Export GPX: Improved compatibility of GPX files with other programs such as Garmin BaseCamp.
- Updated user’s manual.
- Fixed recently added bug in MINI 0805/0806S loader that would not show all the data points.
- Fixed bug in which Map Type was not saved between runs of the program.
- [Windows] Fixed bug when loading movie files >2GB from Viofo A119 dashcams
- Added warning about commas or quotes in movie file paths when merging movies.
Dashcam Viewer v2.6.6 is now available from our website. This version adds new features, addresses some longstanding quirks, fixes bugs, and adds support for additional dash cams. Download the free version from our website.
- Replaced Bing maps with Mapquest maps due to upcoming deprecation of Bing Maps API v7.
- “Click-To-Go” is now supported in Windows. With this feature enabled, you can click on your Route line in the Map and the movie will jump to that point.
- You can now switch between Google and Mapquest maps without having to reload movie files to see your route.
- Improved load speed of RAC210 and Cobra CDR855BT movie files.
- Improved load speed of Falcon Zero F170 movie files
- Improved accuracy of speed in Falcon Zero F170 movies
- Improved auto-detection of Vantrue N2 dashcam GPS data
New Camera Supports:
- Added support for Mini 0906 Dual Channel (thanks, Rayman)
- Added support for Mini 0806S (thanks, Ken S.)
- Fixed bug in RAC210 GPS data scanner which could lead to data not being read for large movie files.
- Improved Click-To-Go behavior with Google Maps. Previously CTG would not work if you clicked directly on the Route line. This has been fixed.
New Mapquest option for viewing vehicle position, route, and geotags.
Dashcam Viewer v2.6.5 is out and available from our website. This version adds a number of new features described below. Download the free version from our website.
- Merge Movies feature now respects the active movies in the Control Window. Non-active movies and their GPS data will not be exported (i.e., skipped).
- After a Merge Movies, the Merge Windows now disappears.
- Default directory for Merged files, CSV, GPX, and KML exports is now the Desktop instead of the Dashcam Viewer folder.
- Improved load speed of Novatek-based dashcams under certain conditions.
- New left/right arrow icons in Dashboard Window.
- Vehicle placemark icon is now a dot instead of a pin.
New Camera Supports:
- Added support for Mio MiVue 698 Dual Channel (Mac only)
- Added support for NextBase 512G (Mac and Windows, thanks, Brian K.!)
- Added support for NextBase 302G (Windows only)
- Movie start markers are now at their proper locations on the map.
- Fixed bug that could cause DV to not find the 2nd channel movie for Koonlung K1S and Innov K1 dashcams.
Dashcam Viewer v2.6.4 is now available from our website. This version adds a number of new features, including…
- [Windows] Dual-channel dashcam support added to the Windows version! Select between front or rear movies at the toggle of a toolbar button. Alternatively, use the ‘r’ key to swap movies.
- [Mac] Dual-channel dashcam users can now switch between four movie modes: front movie, rear movie, front/rear (PiP), and rear/front (PiP).
- [Windows/Mac] Export MOVie enhancements: Dual-channel dashcam users can now chose to Export Movie clips in front-only, rear-only, front/rear, or rear/front PiP movie modes.
- [Mac] Added support for Mini 0801S (thanks Phil W.)
- Added support for Transcend DrivePro 220 with firmware 2.0 (thanks Stephen C.)
- [Windows] Improved behavior of DV when clicking in a graph to jump to a new movie position. Now two clicks are not required.
Dashcam Viewer v2.6.3 is now available from our website.
- Fixed bug in A119/A119S GPS decoder which would fail to process GPS data in some circumstances. Also, improved GPS decoder performance speed.
- Instant Replay icon arrow now points counter-clockwise. 😉
Dashcam Viewer v2.6.2 is now available from our website. This version adds a number of new features and optimizations as described below.
- Added user-configurable ‘instant replay’ button to quickly jump back in time. See image below.
- Added the option to prevent loading of GPS data. This allows you to load and play many movies quickly.
- [Windows version] Added reset buttons for brightness and contrast (thanks to Rick R. for the suggestion)
- 5x-10x faster loading of StreetGuardian SG9665GC and BlackBox B40 movies (thanks to Rick R. and Jon S. for their help).
- [Mac version] Added Picture-in-Picture support for StreetGuardian SG9663DC
New user-configurable “instant replay” button
Dashcam Viewer v2.6.1 is now available from our website. This version adds a number of new features and bug fixes listed below.
- Users can now ignore (skip) the first few seconds of each movie to support dashcams whose consecutive movies overlap. The skip amount is set in the Preferences window. ToDo: apply the skip value to the “merge videos” feature.
- Improved accuracy of frame-by-frame mode for movies with non-30 fps frame rates (thanks, Dean, for pointing this out).
- Added ability to swap the front and rear movies in the main display by tapping the ‘r’ key. (thanks, Mick T., for the suggestion). ToDo: add toolbar button to initiate the swap.
- [Mac version] Added support for Vantrue N2 dual-channel dashcam (special thanks to Ken C.)
- Added altitude for iON Adventure Cam and iON DashCam WiFi
- Added support for NanoQ903, latest firmware (Special thanks Stefan G.)
- Movie framerate is now displayed in the Main Window movie info box
- Fixed bug that would fail to load GPS data if a .txt file was in the movie directory.
Dashcam Viewer is available for Mac OS X and Windows (64-bit and 32-bit). Download the free version from our website.