Dashcam Viewer v2.7.7 is now available for download. Changes in this version include:
- Added “real-time” Line-Of-Sight (LOS) and Route distance computations to the Geotags list items. This LOS distance provides current LOS distance between the geotag point and the current vehicle location (including altitude differences if altitude data is available). The Route computation displays the distance along the route between the geotag position and the current vehicle location.
The LOS and Route metrics show the “real-time” distance to the vehicle from the geotag point.
- Fixed bug that would ignore clicks in the Altitude plot.
Dashcam Viewer v2.7.6 has just been released on our website. Changes in this version include:
New Camera Supports:
- Added support for Anker ROAV Dash Cam C1 Pro
- Added support for KDLinks R100 (note: this dashcam produces no GPS data. Thanks Brian M.)
- Added support for DJI drones in which the GPS data is embedded into movie file (in SRT format). It seems that DJI plays fast and lose with the SRT format. There are many variations of it.
- Fixed bug in which speedometer and compass could show wrong speed and direction if the Dashboard window was closed and reopened.
- [Mac version] Fixed bug which would prevent Dashcam Viewer from running on pre-10.11 operating systems.
We’ve just released Dashcam Viewer v2.7.4 on our website. This version adds the following enhancements:
- Added initial support for timelapse mode of Viofo A119. Still have more to do, e.g., fix click-to-go in Map and click-in-Graph
- The Graph window can now shrink to same height as Dashboard window.
- SRT Files: Improved time accuracy of imported data
New Camera Supports:
- Added support for Blackvue DR750S-1CH (thanks, Brian L.)
- Added support for Apeman C550
- Added support for SeeZeus GT680W
- DJI SRT: Added initial support for DJI Matrice SRT file format. Note: the SRT file format has many variants and is a moving target which makes it difficult to fully support.
- [Mac version] Fixed bug in which directory selections for file import/export would not always stick. This was introduced in v2.7.0.
Dashcam Viewer v2.7.3 is now available from our website. This version adds the following enhancements:
- Added a new Preference to control whether ancillary ‘Windows Stay On Top’ of the Main Window. Setting this checkbox off will revert Dashcam Viewer to the way windows were managed in versions prior to v2.7.0. This mode may be preferred for Surface tablet PCs. Please quit and restart Dashcam Viewer after making a change to this setting.
- The Shortcuts, Register, About, and New Version windows will now appear above the other ancillary windows when they are displayed. (Thanks, Ian D., for the tip!)
- [Mac version, PiP] The Picture-in-Picture window will now remember its size and position from run to run. Clicking the Reset button will no longer move and resize the PiP window to the top left.
- The movie resolution is now displayed in the info area of the Main Window.
Dashcam Viewer v2.7.2 is now available from our website. This version adds the following enhancements:
- Users can now compensate for dash cams that do not store their GPS data in UTC-relative time. Entering the correct UTC offset in the Preferences->Advanced tab will apply the correction such that UTC timestamps will no longer be displayed in Local time when exporting to CSV or GPX files. This will not affect the timestamp at the top of the movie window but will affect the output of CSV, GPX, and KML files. In addition, you can now specify the Local Time offset from UTC when exporting data to CSV file.
- Made Preferences window modal so multiple instances will not clutter the screen.
- Improved load speed for NextBase 412G
- Added more verbose explanations of GPS data processing errors (these explanations appear when the mouse is hovered over the wrench symbol in the Movies and Geotags window).
- Added Chinese translation (thanks, Ming Z!)
Screenshot from Chinese language version (click to enlarge)
- Improved to German translation
New Camera Supports:
- Added GPS compatibility with Viofo G1W-S.
Dashcam Viewer v2.7.1 is now available from our website. This version adds support for a vertically-oriented Dashboard, among other changes listed below:
- You can now orient the Dashboard window vertically or horizontally to optimize your window configuration.
Orient the Dashboard window vertically or horizontally using the Window menu option. Previously, only horizontal mode was supported.
- Increased max value in Distance graph from 200 to 400 distance units.
New Camera Supports:
- Fixed bug in which the window positions would not be remembered if the application was brought to the background and then back to the foreground.
- Fixed bug in which .gpx or .dat files would be ignored when loading movie files of the same base name. For example, if a movie named 2017_08_20.MP4 were collocated with a corresponding 2017_08_20.GPX file, the GPX file would have been ignored. Now it will be loaded and paired with the movie. This was a recently introduced bug.
Dashcam Viewer v2.7.0 is now available from our website. This version add a number of improvements to optimize window positioning.
- The Map, Dashboard, Graph, and Control Center windows now float above the Main movie window. This allows you to maximize the size of Main window and overlay the ancillary windows on top. Previously, the ancillary windows would be hidden beneath the Main window. This change allows for more dynamic and efficient Dashcam Viewer window configurations.
- When Dashcam Viewer is put to the background, the ancillary windows will hide. They will come back when DV is brought to the foreground.
- The Map window can now be shrunk horizontally to a very small size.
- The Dashboard window can be shrunk horizontally to show only the speedometer and not the other widgets.
Map and Dashboard overlaid on Movie Window (Mac version)
Dashboard and Map reduced in size and overlaid on Main Window (Windows version)
Download the free version from our website.