Dashcam Viewer is a software application for viewing movies, GPS data, and shock-sensor data recorded by your dashboard camera.
With Dashcam Viewer you can:
- Play your dashcam videos on the main screen while watching your vehicle’s speed, distance, position, bearing, and shock-sensor data update on graphs, data displays, and maps.
- Export your GPS tracks to common file formats such as comma-separated value (CSV), Google Earth KML, and GPS-exchange (GPX) for further data analysis.
- Export portions of videos to new clips
- Combine multiple videos into a single video
- And much more! Check out our Features page and Users Manual for more details.
Download the FREE version below. The free version is fully functional but has a 5-movie sequential limit. Purchasing removes the limit and the splash screen.
Current Version: v2.1.6
Release Date: July 18, 2016 (history)
Upgrade to the full version:
Mac OS X ($25 US)
(bulk licensing available)
Windows 64-bit or 32-bit ($25 US)
(bulk licensing available)
Here is a Quick Start video demonstrating some of the features of v2.1.2:
Dashcam Viewer supports the following cameras:
- Abee V51
- Ausdom A261 Car DVR
- BlackBox B40 A118
- BlackVue DR400, DR500, DR550GW-2CH, DR650GW-2CH, DR750GW-2CH (2-channel support in Mac OS X version)
- Cobra CDR855BT
- Contour+2 Action Cam
- DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter with Flytrex Core or Flytrex Live GPS data logger and GoPRO Hero3 or Hero4
- DJI Phantom 3 Quadcopter (SRT files)
- DJI Phantom 4 Quadcopter (SRT files)
- DOD GS600
- E-prance 1296P Super HD dashcam (1080p mode)
- Falcon Zero F170HD
- GRDIAN Defendr
- GS1000 “Orange Menu” family of dashcams
- HP f800x, HP F210, HP F310 , HP F520G (Mac OS X version)
- ION Adventure Cam
- ION Dashcam WiFi
- iSymDVR app
- Karkam M1
- Koonlung K1S (2-channel support in Mac OS X version)
- LUKAS LK-7200
- Masai E720
- Mini 0801, Mini 0803, Mini 0805, Mini 0806 (1080p mode)
- MiVue 388
- MiVue 580 (Mac version)
- MiVue 658 (Mac version)
- NavGear Super-HD-Dashcam MDV-3300
- Navicam NC1000W
- Novatek A118C
- Polaroid E272S
- Powerucc Panorama II, Panorama S and Panorama X2 (2-Channel support in Mac OS X version)
- RAC 02 and other RAC Dashcams
- Rollei CarDVR 100 (Mac version only)
- Street Guardian SGZC12SG SG9665GC (possibly other GuardTrak models as well)
- Thinkware F550 (Mac version only)
- Thinkware F750 (Windows version only)
- Transcend DrivePro 220
- Transcend DrivePro 520 (2-channel support in Mac OS X version)
- Vicovation Vico-Marcus1, Vico-Marcus3, Marcus4, Marcus5
- Visiondrive VD-9600 2-channel (Requires front/rear channel separation. Click here to download the free movie separator application for Mac OS X)
- WheelWitness HD Pro (Mac version. Windows version untested)
- Zetronix zBlackBox-HD3
- Don’t see your dashcam model here? See the FAQ page, question #1.
Support for these and other camera models will evolve with new releases of DCV. Even if your dashcam is not one of these models, you can still play your camera’s movies without the data.
- Resizable main viewing screen
- Zoomable and translatable movie view
- Heads-up display of current date, time, speed, distance, position, and bearing
- Heads-up display of altitude, HDOP, and Satellites-in-View (for cameras that support these metrics)
- Picture-in-picture front and rear camera displays for BlackVue DR550GW-2CH, Panorama X2, and Koonlung K1S (Macintosh version)
- Click on vehicle’s map route to jump to that position in movie (Macintosh version)
- “Real time” display of vehicle’s location and route on a Bing/Google Map
- Map pans automatically to keep vehicle centered, or you can keep map fixed
- Color-coded route line to indicate vehicle’s speed throughout the journey
- Graphical displays of speed, distance, bearing, altitude, HDOP, Satellites-in-View, and X, Y, Z shock sensor data
- Autoscaling of graph views
- Compass display of vehicle’s direction
- Weather display widget for retrieving weather conditions at the location and date of the currently-playing movie
- Export portions of the currently playing movie to a separate movie file
- Combine multiple clips into a single large movie
- Save settings on a per-movie basis.
- Automatic transition between sequential movie files
- Variable playback speed control
- Jump to fastest part of route, or to any loaded movie file instantly
- Orient map “North Up” or in vehicle velocity
- Slider controls for direct access to any movie file or any position in a movie file
- Navigation buttons to jump ahead or back by one or ten movie files
- Display of current movie file name and file size
- Drag and drop loading of movie directories
- GPS data export to CSV, KML (Google Earth), and GPX file formats
- Export current movie window to PNG file
- Auto-load movie directory upon start-up
- Click to reveal currently-playing movie in Finder
- Support for kph or mph units
- Support for timezone biasing
- Keyboard and mouse shortcuts
- Support for MP4, MOV, and AVI movies
- Controls for movie brightness and contrast (Windows version only)
- Support for internet connection via proxy server
- User-selectable choice of English, Dutch, French, German, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, or Vietnamese language for the GUI. Don’t see your language here? Contact me if you’d like to do a translation.
The free version of Dashcam Viewer is fully functional but is limited to loading the first 5 movies in your movie directory. Please try it before you buy it to make sure it works for you.
Mac OS X Requirements:
The Mac OS X version of Dashcam Viewer runs on Mac OS X 10.8.5 and above. Dashcam Viewer is not a “signed” application. If OS X issues a warning when you try to run it, see the FAQ for how to adjust your Security&Privacy settings.
The Windows version runs on Windows 7, 8, and 10. Low-end Windows PCs with poor video performance and limited screen resolution are not recommended.
Dashcam Viewer in Windows 10 Screenshot:
Dashcam Viewer comes with a Users Manual, which includes detailed descriptions and window screenshots. You can preview it here: Dashcam Viewer Users Manual.
This software uses code of FFmpeg licensed under the LGPLv2.1 and its source can be downloaded here. The GPL version, which if used in Dashcam Viewer, allows PiP movie exporting for dual-channel cameras, can be downloaded here (this feature is Mac-only for now). See the Dashcam Viewer Users Manual for how to install the GPL version into Dashcam Viewer.
And a special thanks to our supporters…