Dashcam Viewer 3.0 is now available for download from our website. Although you might not initially notice any difference in outward appearance, Dashcam Viewer 3 is a major internal upgrade from version 2. Improvements include picture-in-picture (PiP) support on the Windows version, use of new video playback backends for both Mac and Windows versions, and adoption of a more modern web framework for the Map views. These changes result in better performance and modernization of the software.
A summary of the major new features are below:
- PiP is now available on Windows version.
- Video playback performance is improved. Note: you must now install a codec pack to take advantage of video playback. DCV3 will direct you to the K-lite codec pack URL when you run it for the first time.
- The occasional black screen issue is largely improved.
- Video playback is smoother, especially in accelerated modes
- Max accelerated playback speed increased from 2x to 5x.
- Vehicle position and route now display correctly in Google Maps option.
- Now plays movies from Thinkware F750, F770 dashcams
- Requires macOS 10.10 or higher
- Added support for Vantrue N2 Pro dashcam.
- Fixed issue where using the mouse to zoom in the video would not work even if the mouse was in the movie frame window.
- DCV3 no longer shows the annoying ‘A movie must be playing..’ error message.
- Minor bug fixes to Movies and Geotags Window, Dashboard display.
- The Export Movie window will now disappear after a movie clip is exported.
- In Movies and Geotags Window, the currently-playing movie is highlighted in a brighter color.
- Improved filtering of bad points in Viofo A119 series.
- Fixed bug in processing GPS data for SONY AS100V.
- Increased zoom rate.
- This is a free upgrade for version 1 and 2 users.
- macOS 10.10 is now the minimum system requirement.
- On the Mac version, you may occasionally notice the video will appear zoomed-in when first loaded. If this happens, double-click in the movie window to properly size the movie for the window frame. This seems to be a glitch in the video backend framework.
- DJI’s ‘SRT’ files are no longer processed in DCV3. This capability is being moved to a new product called DroneViewer. DroneViewer will be a fork of DCV3 and evolve to have UAV-specific features.
- DCV3 is 64-bit. No 32-bit version available.
Dashcam Viewer 3 showing picture-in-picture view of StreetGuardian SG9665DC on Windows 10
Dashcam Viewer is PC/Mac software that allows you to playback your dashcam’s videos while simultaneously viewing your vehicle’s location on a map. There are many other features in the software which are detailed on our website (http://dashcamviewer.com). The free version is fully-functional and allows the loading of up to 5 videos at a time.